You Can Earn $90,000 As A Canada Border Services Agent With Just A High School Diploma

Canada border services jobs are surprisingly lucrative, considering they don’t require any post-secondary education or experience to land. I’m talking up to $77,000 per year with a living allowance of $125 per week – and that’s just for interns.

So whether you’re looking for a new job, a great adventure, or just a lot of money in the very near future, you’ll be happy to know that the Canada Border Services Agency is in full hiring campaign.

“The selection process for CBSA border services officers is now open,” announced the federal law enforcement agency via Twitter on Wednesday. “Our diverse team of agents makes a difference in the lives of Canadians across the country. Apply today!”

The agency is looking for people who are service oriented, analytical, have strong communication skills and want to earn up to $89,068 per year after training (with a nice bonus if you speak both English and French.)

You must be a Canadian citizen to get the job, have a valid driver’s license and must pass a security checkbut you don’t need a post-secondary education to become an officer (although the job listing says a university degree or college degree is considered an asset. Same for fluency in French.)

That doesn’t mean you’ll head to the front lines of border security untrained; If you are selected for the position, you participate in a 12-week “initial officer training program” at the Canada Border Services Agency College In Quebec.

You will take various exams, medical and psychological evaluations, firearms safety courses and other types of training.

It doesn’t sound easy, but it sounds like a really cool job for the right kind of person, which is described by the government like “anyone who wants to serve their country and take on challenges every day”.

You’re also almost guaranteed to have at least a few incredibly cute co-workers.

The salary and advantages are fun and the work seems exciting, but there is an important caveat to note for any potential candidate: to get the job, you must agree to work at ANY border crossing in Canada.

“When applying for the CBSA Officer Trainee (Development) selection process, you should be aware that you are committing to accept an assignment anywhere in Canada,” the recruitment website reads.

“This can include rural and remote areas. You need to fully understand the commitment you are making and seize the opportunity on a personal and professional level.”

You can state a preference, but there’s no guarantee you won’t end up in a snowy Yukon rail port, as opposed to 20 minutes from your home at Pearson International Airport.

In addition to being willing to work in remote or isolated areas, officers must also be willing to work overtime, travel domestically and internationally as required, work rotating shifts, including weekends and holidays and to “transport, use and maintain defensive equipment. »

Interested? The agency is now accepting applications for its officer trainee programbut only until July 4, 2022. So apply and maybe I’ll see you at customs one day.